It’s the “Invisible Killer”: a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas.

Every year, hundreds of people across the U.S. die because of accidental, non-fire related carbon monoxide poisoning associated with consumer products like furnaces and generators.

 

Carbon Monoxide tragedy in Washington State

Kelli was just 22 years old. She had recently been accepted to a local college to continue her dream of becoming a physical therapist.

On April  3, 2017, Kelli went out with friends and her sister for dinner, drinks and an evening of fun.

When she got home that night, she baked some cookies and went to bed.

The next morning, she was discovered dead in her own bed.

At first, no one knew what caused Kelli’s sudden death. She had seemed fine just hours before.

Eventually, a thorough investigation found that the piping on the home’s furnace was faulty.  Carbon monoxide had leaked into the home while Kelli slept.

A carbon monoxide detector could have prevented her death, and the grief her family will forever suffer.

Keeping your family safe from the invisible killer

Nearly all local hardware stores and numerous websites have affordably priced carbon monoxide detectors. These alarms are easily installed and should be placed outside of sleeping areas, along with smoke detectors.

Carbon Monoxide Detector - Invisible Killer_Washington State Law

You should have at least one carbon monoxide detector in your home.

 

You should also have your heating systems, including chimneys and vents, inspected and serviced annually by a properly trained and qualified technician.

Please, take action today. Buy at least one carbon monoxide detector for your home. If you already have one in place, test it and check the batteries.

Don’t let the invisible killer claim another victim. 

 

– Attorney Kevin Coluccio, Seattle, Washington

 

 

SHARE THIS POST:

One thought on “A young life lost to the Invisible Killer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *