“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” – Benjamin Franklin
Personal Injury Lawyer Kevin Coluccio in the News
Coluccio Law is dedicated to creating real and positive change in people’s lives. We take on a limited number of cases so that we can offer high-quality, personalized legal service — and get the best possible result for each client.
Attorney Kevin Coluccio earns Board Certification in “Truck Accident Law”
Recent cases in the news
Lawyer Minds: An Interview with Kevin Coluccio
“Kevin’s dedication to his craft comes from years of learning the value of hard work. Growing up on a family farm and then working at an Alaskan cannery in between college and law school have embedded in Kevin a sense of pride in everything he does.
Every case that Kevin works on at Coluccio Law – large or small – benefits from the lessons he learned. Kevin’s tenacity and work have led him to receive countless recognitions from trial lawyer organizations across the country and outstanding results for his clients …” continue reading
WSAJ Winter Conference 2020
Washington State Association for Justice’s annual conference, virtual on December 10 and 11, 2020. Topics: Commercial Vehicles and Trial Skills.
Attorney Kevin Coluccio will be presenting at 3:30 pm on December 10.
Guide to a Truck Crash Lawsuit
We created this truck crash lawsuit guide to help our clients – and others – who have been involved in a life-changing truck crash. Understanding the basics of the legal process and the commercial trucking industry can help you make the best possible decisions for your future.
You may notice that we don’t use the word “accident” in this guide. In my 30+ years of representing injured people and their families, I have seen so much devastation caused by truck crashes. Most were not inevitable, unforeseeable “accidents”: they were the very predictable results of bad roads, bad vehicles, or bad driving choices. These preventable crashes result in thousands of injuries and deaths every year.
My firm, Coluccio Law, is dedicated to creating real and positive change in people’s lives. We take on a limited number of cases so that we can offer high-quality, personalized legal service — and get the best possible results for each client.
Read the full guide on TruckingWatchdog.com, or contact us for the printed book.
Recent Articles by Personal Injury Lawyer Kevin Coluccio
Making the Defendant Truck Driver and Motor Carrier Safety Director your Experts
Trial News – Washington State Association for Justice, October 2020.
Kevin Coluccio explains his specific approach to questioning Experts in commercial trucking, developed over more than 30 years in truck crash cases.
AAJ Journal of Trucking Litigation, Winter/Spring 2020.
A lawyer can have all the talent in the world, but the value of a semi-truck crash case is still limited by the jurisdiction where the lawsuit was filed.
Trial News – Washington State Association for Justice, 2020.
Personal injury lawyer Kevin Coluccio explains the wrongful death lawsuit that resulted from a man being crushed by a street sweeper in Bellevue, Washington.
Living Safer Magazine, Spring 2020
Trial News – Washington State Association for Justice, 2019
Attorney Kevin Coluccio discusses the importance of venue in trucking litigation, using the example of Washington State truck crash caused by a Nevada-based truck driver.
Damages WSAJ Nursing Home Litigation Desk Book: 2019
Trial News – Washington State Association for Justice, 2018
To contact Coluccio about writing, presenting, or republication of existing materials, call 206-826-8200 or send a message.
Previous articles and publications by attorney Kevin Coluccio
- Every Counts: Death of our Older Clients – Trial News, Washington State Association for Justice, 2014
- Everyone Matters or Nobody Matters: Death of our Older Clients – The Lawyer’s Log Book, 2013
- Tips for Proving Non-Obvious Injuries – AAJ Trial, 2013
- Washington and Oregon Law, Rules for the Unwary, 2013
- Proper Speed and a Safe Following Distance – Two Rules too Often Broken, The Lawyer’s Log Book, 2013
- How to Manage a Large Value Case from Start to Finish, High Value Personal Injury, 2013
- Mastering the Art of Pleading Your Case and Propounding Discovery, All the Right Moves in Tort Litigation: Learn from the Masters of the Game, 2012
- Hammer or Be Hammered, Trying UIM and PIP Cases, 2011
- Nursing Home Litigation, Betrayers of Trust, 2009
- Trucking Litigation, Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations, 2007
- General Practice and Procedure, Washington State Bar Association, 2006
- Insurance Law, Insurance Law Update, 2005
- Defense Medical Examinations, 2005
- The Jury Bias Phenomenon, Jury Bias, 2004
- Insurance Law update Washington, Insurance Law Update, 2004
- Discovery/Depositions, 2004
- Defense Medical Examination, 2004
- Free Your Client From The Liability Release, AAJ Trial, 2004
- Civil Procedure/Trial Rules, 2004
- Discovery – Nuts & Bolts of Personal Injury Practice, 2003
- Personal Injury General – Nuts & Bolts of Personal Injury Practice, 2003
- Expert Witnesses – Experts, 2002
- Trial Presentation – Convention, 2002
- Reciprocity – Oregon Reciprocity, 2001
- Personal Injury Practice – Convention, 2001
- Negligent Supervision of Parolees – Victim Advocate, 2001
- Tort Law – Tort Law Update, 2000
- Presenting Damages, Auto Cases, 1999
- Navigable Waters – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1999
- Damages – Maritime Personal Injury, 1998
- Federal Liens – Subrogation, 1997
- Evidence – Best of Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1996
- Seaworthiness – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1999
- Seaman’s Rights – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- Application of Maritime Law Provides Basis for Settlement – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- Maritime Damages – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- Injuries at Sea: Establishing Liability – Trial News,Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- Status: Defining a Seaman – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- Vessels “In Navigation”: Determining Admiralty Jurisdiction – Trial News, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
Coluccio Law Blog
Common Types of Commercial Truck Accidents
Commercial truck accidents are crashes that involve large commercial vehicles, such as tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers, together with delivery trucks. These types of accidents can cause significant damage and injuries because of the size and weight of commercial trucks. Please read on to learn about the common types of commercial truck accidents. Common Types of Commercial [...]
What Happens if Someone Hit my Parked Car?
One out of every five auto accidents takes place in a garage or parking lot. Parking lots are the scene of about 50,000 crashes annually, many of which result in hundreds of fatalities and thousands of injuries. Pedestrians account for about 40% of the fatalities in parking lot collisions. The most vulnerable groups to death [...]
How do Concrete Trucks Cause Accidents
Concrete truck accidents can be serious and cause significant damage and injury due to the heavy weight and nature of the materials being transported. These enormous vehicles weigh over 60,000 pounds while transporting cement. The weight of a concrete truck is disproportionately concentrated in the mixing drum; hence these trucks are frequently quite top-heavy. Cement [...]
A Complete Guide on Semi Truck Accident 2023 Lawsuit
The Coluccio Law team is committed to making a genuine and positive difference in the lives of persons and their families. Kevin Coluccio and Coluccio Law specialize in collisions involving commercial trucks and semi-trucks. It is estimated that each year, there are roughly 5,000 people killed in semi-truck accidents. The most common causes of semi-truck [...]